Friday, July 11, 2014

Week 27 - Ibarra, Ecuador - July 7, 2014

Mi querida Familia,

What a great week! We have seen some amazing miracles this week, with less actives, and investigators alike. I know that God`s hand is in our lives as much as those around us.
Let's start out with Marco!
Our real life miracle! Literally with each commandment we have taught him, he has eagerly agreed to live according to. I think our Heavenly Father has huge plans for this young man of 19 years old... we simply found him knocking doors and he was ready. Marco came to church this Sunday and also had his baptismal interview. While we were reviewing the questions for his interview outside the church building, Presidente Teràn came outside to meet him. It made me feel good, that Presidente is making a real effort to get to know our converts. Marco is all clear for his baptism this Saturday! Please keep him in your prayers that everything will flow smoothly and that his baptism will be super special this weekend!

Next: Monica . Monica wasn`t able to come to church because she thought the meeting started at 10.. when really it starts at 10.30…. she came to the building early, and waited. We were in ward council so we had no idea she was outside. Then she leftL  It made me kind of sad. But we are going to visit her tomorrow and she told us she was all good for coming to church next Sunday. She has baptismal date for the 26th of July.

And! David: The real miracle about David, is his less active father, Josè. Mientras David has been investigating the church, his father has taken a change for the better. Yesterday, David couln`t get out of bed to go tho church but Josè came all by himself, without us calling him. Josè stayed for all 3 hours and asked al lot of questions in Principios del Evangelio.. we visited him and David last night, and Josè is a really great support for David. David has a baptismal date for the 26th of July as well.

I am so grateful to be serving here with Hermana Pinto. Sometimes I get really stressed out, being a trainer, which is new for me. I feel like I have a lot of weight on my shoulders, and sometimes I feel like I`m pulling it alone . I want to be exactly obedient, but this week Hermana Pinto has been sick, so we`ve been a little slow walking, waiting etc. I know that I need to be more patient and longsuffering but sometimes  when our lessons are long and we don`t get anything done in correlation missional, I feel disheartened. This week will be better because I will keep Christ in vision siempre. I will not doubt in his ever powerful hand, nor will I fear my own insuffiency. I know that I can`t compare ourselves with other missionaries… and that also has been a struggle for me this week.  Many returned missionary members have been telling us about their numbers in the mission. And our numbers are SUPER low compared to theirs. Also the other hermanas have so many investigators that come to church. But I know, that when I start to compare, Satan begins to talk in my head and that is the worst. Like I said time to keep Christ in the vision and no one else. But literally, when we feel doubts creep into our heads.. its because Satan really knows our potential.. and he`s scared of what we can do. Better to imagine Christ standing in front of us with his knowing gaze and smile. Christ knows our potential. We each have gifts from heaven bestowed upon us.. and it is up to us to decide if we will exercise them.   D&C 6 has been a real help for me lately. And I encourage you all to take a look at it, imagining that God is speaking to you. I honestly really love Ibarra and the people here, and I know that we are making a difference. I have so much faith in my savior and his atoning sacrifice. We can be made more perfect each day:)


 I love you all sooo much!
Con Amor
Hermana Powley