Sunday, May 10, 2015

Week 68 - Ottavalo - 20 April, 2015

Hola Querida Familia,
 
Well we are happy to write this week and say that the Lord truly has blessed us with small miracles and large ones each day. Last week we were able to find and teach 3 new families, The Familia Ajavi, Familia Gonza, y la Familia de la Cruz. Each family found was a great miracle. The Familia Ajavi, as I might have mentioned in my past email came to church last sunday, we thought they were less active last sunday, but when we visited them, we found at this the mom isn`t bapitzed! They have strong desires to return, its true that there are many challenges and addictions that they are going through right now but anything is possible when your on the Lord`s side. The Familia Gonza, they were a door contact after one of our citas feel through. We prayed to know where to go and felt the urge to contact the biggest house on the block. The fmaily was home and accepted a quick message on the Restoration and Eternal Families. They are very interested to learn more. The Familia de la Cruz is also very special. We always seem to be running into the mom, Lucilla, and finally we were able to set a return visit. We brought along a member for the first visit, Lorena, and when we got to their house, Lorena was surprised. "This is where my aunt and uncle live!" she said. We were able to have a great lesson with the whole family. And the Dad was very hard in the beginning. But we followed the spirit and answered his questions. By the end, he told us that he felt as if his attitude had changed completely in the lesson, and he offered the closing prayer as we all knelt together. So cool! We hope that each one of these families can progress throughout this week in order to attend church next Sunday.

Sadly yesterday, David had to travel to Quito with his Dad so he wasn`t able to come to church. David Carlosama is great, as we have mentioned in past letters is preparing for a baptismal date for May 2nd. Its extremely hard to visit him because he studies in Ibarra everyday accept for the weekends and he wasn`t home Saturday or Sunday this past weekend. Pray for him so that he can still prepare for his baptism and that we can be able to visit him this week!

I feel truly blessed to be a missionary at this time in the world. There is so much chaos and confusion in the world. We have come across many people from other churches who try to downsize our faith. I feel like my testimony has been attacked more than ever this week, and at the same time it has grown more than ever. I have meditated and prayed with all my heart to find strength. I find strength in our converts. Seeing their testimonies and their growth is like proof that this seed is a good seed. That this faith is true. I find strength in the Book of Mormon. I love the stories and the truths that we find in Alma. I`m leaning onto the power and conviction of Alma, Ammon, Amulek, and Aaron. I know that we just need to listen to have that spirit of revelation. This week especially we have felt the spirit very strongly in some lessons. I have made a greater effort to be a “boat” teacher, and not  a “train” teacher. Boats run by the wind, and move according to the waves. Boat teachers listen and follow the spirit. Trains run straight on the track to their destination. Trains are missionaries who teach lessons and not people. I have tried to stop being a train. I feel a difference. We also have a goal this week to be direct and firm with our missionary purpose. Help others come unto Christ. Help them receive the restored gospel and repent through baptism and the gift of the holy ghost. I know that I will be strengthened as I continue to build myself on the Rock of my Redeemer.  I know he lives. I know he loves me. And I know as I pray with just a little more yearning, and as I study with even more intent, I will be filled with His love. I love being a missionary!

Con Amor
Hermana Powley
 
Here are some epic photos of our District excursion today. We went to las Cascadas de Peguche: