Sunday, June 21, 2015

Week 75 - Latino Ottavalo - June 8, 2015

 
Hola mi Querida Familia, 

This week flew by way too fast. We have a miracle! Andres y Dayana have finally placed a date for matrimonio! Wahooo!!! They plan on getting married June 18th and then getting baptized and confirmed June 27th and 28th. They have been waiting for a long time to be baptized, and have seen great changes in their family thanks to the gospel. We plan on fasting this next weekend with Bishop, and praying everyday so that they can succeed in reaching their goals. They have been investigators for forever and are so awesome, Satan just has sent way too much opposition that has kept them from getting married. Dayana has crazy work schedules so its been hard for her to set a date for their wedding. But they finally decided that they don´t need a big party, they just said they are going to save the fiesta for when they get sealed! Heck yes!

One of the highlights of the week was with Hermana Szerdi on splits. We worked in my sector and just had a good time. Even though most of the day our appointments feel through, I felt like we worked hard to follow the Lord´s will. We had a couple awesome lessons with Recent Converts, and received a reference from the bishop in the Noche de Hogar that we are holding every friday in the church building. The noche de hogar was amazing, it was only the 2nd one that we put together, but members are starting to bring friends, and we are exciting people to come to church more consistenly and read the book of mormon. Hermana Szerdi is very loving and teaches with the spirit.

I feel like with Hermana Maximiliano we still are lacking in teaching with complete unity. I am trying to think of ideas that can help us to improve. We definitely need our companionship study everyday. We need to practice, and we need to plan with the spirit. If we don´t plan our lessons with the spirit, 1: we aren´t being diligent, 2: how can we expect our very lessons to be taught with the spirit. I also want to improve our method in contacting. Its not very efficient becuase we aren´t trying to get to know the people. We have been using a  technique where we presents us, share a principle and ask for a return visit, whereas the better  method would be in the form that the zone leaders taught us awhile back in a consejo de mision: get to know them first, ask questions, testify of the family and the restoration and get a return visit. Contacting should be something spiritual but right now I feel like its just to complete a goal. So we´re going to change that no worries. And while we´re at that we will change the world.
We had mission counsil last week with President Richardson in Quito. It was my last one! Wahooo! But we did something so cool for the training President gave. It changed my life. I´m not going to give it away because I totally am going to copy it one day. But let it just be said we left that conference pumped to work hard and help the other missionaries work hard. I got to bare my testimony at the end of conference, because it was my last conference. It was weird because we still have a full month to work hard, and I didn´t cry! Another exito (success)! It was very cool to listen to the other missionaries who are leaving and their testimonies. We all could see how much we have changed.

I know that the gospel is true. I know that prayers are answered so long as we do not allow room for doubts. I love being a missionary. I love the people here in Otavalo. I love my companion. I know that the work is hastening. We plan to be very diligent this week, but in all aspects.., in study, in planning, in teaching, in finding. I have a quick thought on the Sacrament. I was sitting at the piano bench last sunday and played the sacrament hymn. How Great the Wisdom and the Love. My favorite. I began to ponder as the deacons past the sacrament. What am lacking in order to  be as the Savior would have me be. It came to my mind as I partook of the bread, to recognize the body of our Savior in its resurrected form, that one day we all shall resurrect and as in Moroni 7, we hope to appear as the Savior, pure and bright, eminating love. As I partook of the water, I realized the blood he shed was for me. The cleansing and changing power of his blood is incomprehensible. We must leave behind envy, anger, pride, and every unrighteous thing and let his blood cleanse us. I truly felt that angels ministered to me during the Sacrament. It was a remarkable blessing that we all can receive the guidance of angels as we partake of the sacrament each week. I have a new goal, that Sacrament Meeting can always be a such a spiritual and cleansing process. A time for revelation. Let us all remember the Savior and ponder in the changes we wish to feel within as we partake of His emblems each Sabbath Day.
Con Amor
Hermana Powley